1. Consent: by filling in any of the forms on this website, you are giving your consent for Myriad Massage to hold your personal information. The information which you supply on the forms will be held together with any clinical records or purchasing information, as applicable. I use your information to give you the best possible service and for insurance purposes.
2. Email marketing: with your permission, I will send you emails about my products, my practice, special offers, handy tips and other updates. You will need to positively opt in either online or on your initial consultation form to receive these updates. You can unsubscribe at any time, either through the ‘Unsubscribe’ button the emails or by emailing me at [email protected]
3. Links: when you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
3. Storing your information: your information is stored in accordance with the requirements of GDPR and, where applicable, on the secure control panel for this website.
4. Retaining your information: You have the right to ask me to destroy your records at any time if you wish to terminate our working relationship. Otherwise, adults’ records are retained for eight years following our last date of contact. Children’s records are retained until their 25th or 26th birthday, depending on the exact age of the child when their treatment ended.
5. Accessing your information: Your records are accessed by me (Hayley Blogg) either for clinical or retail purposes. You have the right to request a copy of your records at any time. These will be sent to you in a format agreed with you.
6. Sharing your information: your information will be kept strictly confidential unless there are legal grounds for me to disclose something which you have told me to a third party. I shall always inform you if I feel that disclosure is necessary and seek your permission and co-operation first.
7. Complaints: if, for any reason, you are unhappy with how I am handling your data, please raise your concerns with me first, so that we can seek a resolution. If you are still not satisfied, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
8. Buying online: when you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
9. Third-party service providers for online payments: payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located in a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
We take confidentiality seriously and will not pass on or sell your data to anyone unless there is a legal reason.